Industry experts and leaders will share their experience and thoughts on the future of the construction sector at this year’s Construction Industry Federation Southern Construct Summit & Exhibition.
Established in 2019, Southern Construct has grown year-on-year, and for the first time, this September’s event in Cork will include a separate exhibition area showcasing the latest products, technologies, and services from leading suppliers across the full spectrum of the construction industry.
Expert keynote speakers and panellists will explore how industry and government can successfully work together by examining best practice in Europe and further afield.
Pictured at the recent launch of the CIF Southern Construct Summit & Exhibition 2022 are Shaun O’Brien, Electrical Apprentice, Weltec Engineering; Michael O’Flynn, Managing Director, O’Flynn Construction; Ger O’Leary, Chairman, CIF Cork Branch and David Purdon, Technical Director, Autodesk Division, Diatec Group
Speakers at the September Summit will include Michael McGrath TD, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform alongside Joe Seymour, Head of Active Travel & Public Transport Investment, National Transport Authority, Conor O’Connell, CIF Director of Housing and Catherine Sheridan, Chief Operations Officer, EIH2, among others.
Some of the most influential regional projects will be showcased, across transport, property, life sciences, pharmaceuticals, energy, and manufacturing.
The CIF’s Southern Region Construction Summit & Exhibition will bring together developers, planners, architects, engineers, consultants, contractors, material providers, and other key stakeholders pivotal to the construction industry, and will provide an excellent opportunity to network with fellow construction stakeholders.
This year’s Summit & Exhibition takes place at Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork on September 8, chaired by broadcaster Jonathan Healy. Members of the public and representatives from across the construction sector are encouraged to attend.
HOW TO ATTEND
Conference & Exhibition Ticket
CIF MEMBER: €295 plus VAT
CIF NON-MEMBER €350 plus VAT
Group discounts are available
Exhibition Only Ticket
CIF MEMBER: Free
CIF NON MEMBER: €15 plus VAT
For more information, tickets and a full list of speakers go to www.southernconstruct.ie
WHO’S TAKING PART
Keynote speakers at this year’s CIF Southern Construct Summit & Exhibition include:
- Michael McGrath TD, Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform
- Joe Seymour, Head of Active Travel & Public Transport Investment, National Transport Authority
- Ronan Murphy, Construction Manager, Amarenco
- Stephen Griffin, Site Services Director, Boston Scientific
- Catherine Sheridan, Chief Operations Officer, EIH2
- Barry McDermott, Associate Director & Group Head of Environment & Sustainability, PM Group
- Eamon Judge, Senior Director Global Engineering, Eli Lilly
- David Purdon, Technical Director, Diatec Group
- Ger O’Leary, Managing Director, Weltec Engineering
This event will also feature two panels focused on Housing and Infrastructure requirements in the region, with speakers including:
- Michael O’Flynn, Managing Director, O’Flynn Construction
- Stephen McCarthy, Director, Astra Construction
- Michael Lynch, Director of Service – Planning & Development, Cork County Council
- Dave Coakley, Director, Coakley O’Neill Town Planning
- Clare Cashin, Construction Law Partner, Philip Lee
- Fearghal Reidy, Director of Service, Cork City Council
- Conor O’Connell, Director of Housing, CIF
- Parag Joglekar, Head of Development, Respond